Recipe by Paka
This is easy and quick. The sauce may be thickened and poured over each serving or served in bowls for a dipping sauce. The flavor is great!
Top Review by Patricia R.
Made this for the first time today - EXCELLENT RECIPE! I used 1 pound of chicken and even at a 4 ounce serving of chicken it's only 4 points per serving on Weight Watchers. Very tasty! Unfortunately I did not have thyme in the house (I am going to get some soon so I can make the actual recipe) so I added Tastefully Simple Rustic Seasoning instead. Very good! The sauce is tasty and my husband thought this was fabulous! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (regular or lemon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, washed and trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim chicken breasts.
- Heat oil and butter in frying pan.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add thyme, salt, pepper and onion to pan and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and mix well.
- Return chicken to pan and cook covered for 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken to serving plate, keep warm.
- Add the minced garlic and reduce the sauce by one half.
- Add red pepper flakes and pour over chicken or pour into smaller dipping bowls.