Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is easy and quick. The sauce may be thickened and poured over each serving or served in bowls for a dipping sauce. The flavor is great!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (regular or lemon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, washed and trimmed
- Wash and trim chicken breasts.
- Heat oil and butter in frying pan.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add thyme, salt, pepper and onion to pan and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and mix well.
- Return chicken to pan and cook covered for 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken to serving plate, keep warm.
- Add the minced garlic and reduce the sauce by one half.
- Add red pepper flakes and pour over chicken or pour into smaller dipping bowls.
This is the perfect recipe for a busy night -- and everything I needed was right in my cupboard. I followed the directions as written, except that when I added the onion to the pan, I sauteed it on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes so the pieces of onion would carmelize. I then proceeded with the rest of the recipe. It was on the table in a jiffy and everyone loved it. Instead of using the extra sauce for dipping, I ladled it over the mashed potatoes. Yum! Thanks for posting this great recipe.
I added cabage to the sauce- really awesome. made a side of jasime rice with lemon and coconut milk. that's was great too. this meal is VERY spicy, but that's only because cabage is good with a lot of pepper with it.
i was looking for recipes based on the ingredients i had and this one came up. i skipped the hot pepper flakes and served the chicken with couscous and asparagus. The sauce was delicious and the whole recipe was extremely easy to make. thank you!