Recipe by evelyn/athens
A very good accompaniment to pork dishes.
Top Review by LAURIE
Evelyn, super! I had expected this to be very simular to the fried apples from Cracker Barrel, but they are not. I did double the sauce and added a little brown sugar to it cause I had some mega sized apples. The sauce got absorbed into the apples and then they browned almost crispy. This was great and very different from what I excepted. Thanks for something I will make again!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large granny smith apples, cored and cut into 12 wedges each
- 2 large Red Delicious apples, cored and cut into 12 wedges each
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with 3 tblsps water over moderate-low heat in a large skillet.
- Add salt and sugar and cook apples, covered, for 3-5 minutes, or just until tender.
- Increase heat to moderate and season apples; cook, uncovered, until tender and bottom layer is lightly golden.
- Invert apples onto platter and slide back into skillet to brown other half.