Sauteed Gala Apples and Leeks
- Ready In:
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts halved and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 gala apples, cored and cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil to medium high heat in a non stick skillet. Add leeks and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples, salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until apples soften.
- Lower heat to medium low and add honey & vinegar. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pretty good home cook and a Food Network junkie. Every time I host an event or create a new dish, my confidence grows....I'm always testing new ideas and sometimes (I'm a nerd) that dreams in food.</p> <p>I was proud to have one of my recipes chosen as RecipeZaar's Recipe of the Day on 11/27/09 with my Turkey, Cranberry, & Pesto Sandwich. I also had the opportunity to cook at the Aetna Healthy Food Fight competition in Los Angeles last summer - talk about pressure!</p>