Bok Choy With Thai-Style Dressing
photo by Muffin Goddess
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bok choy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated finely (about 1in piece)
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- Place the bok choy in a steamer set over a pan of boiling water and sprinkle over the salt.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 mins until tender, then tip into a warmed serving dish.
- Meanwhile heat a wok or large frying pan until hot. Add the oil, ginger, chili and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce and fish sauce, heat through and drizzle over the bok choy to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really enjoyed this! I love bok choy anyhow, so the Thai-style dressing was just icing on the cake for me. I steamed my bok choy in the microwave instead of on the stovetop, but otherwise made everything as written. Loved this all by itself, but it was great in some spicy Asian chicken wraps that I made. I would definitely make this again, thanks for posting! :) Made for The Queens of Quisine for ZWT6
*Reviewed for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Gang* Loved the steamed bok choy with this simple dressing...really picked up a plain green. For my taste a tad too salty....next time would not add the salt to the bok choy and cut back a bit on the salty fish sauce. The ginger, chilli and garlic were quite mild in this dish. Photo also to be posted
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)