Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
In my mother's family, this is the classic turkey stuffing. It's referred to as Sausage Stuffing, even though we use clams instead of sausage!
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1⁄2 tablespoon savory
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams (liquid included)
- 1 bouillon cube (or enough to make 2 cups liquid, I use Rapunzel )
- 2 loaves bread (use "old" bread and cut in cubes)
- Saute celery and onion in- preferably in bacon grease but olive oil is OK too.
- Add sage, savory, thyme, pepper, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce- mix well.
- Remove from heat and add clams.
- Pour over bread cubes and mix well- add more liquid if desired.
- This makes more than enough to stuff a 20 pound turkey. It can be made ahead of time and stored very cold.