1/1 Photo of Sausage, Potato and Egg Skillet
A fast and hearty meal that's terrific anytime of the day. The variations are only limited by your imagination.
My Private Note
ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2In a 10-inch cast iron skillet brown sausage until crumbly and medium brown in color.
- 3Stir as required.
- 4While sausage is browning peel potatoes and cut in to 1/2-inch cubes, chop onion and mince garlic.
- 5After browning, remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon, add potatoes to pan and carefully brown them in the sausage fat.
- 6Remove potatoes from pan and add to reserved sausage.
- 7Add butter to pan (if required), once butter is melted add onion and cook until slightly brown and soft, add garlic and cook till aromatic.
- 8While onions are browning, light whisk eggs, half-and-half and sugar till slightly foamy.
- 9Return potatoes and sausage to pan, mix well with onion and garlic.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Pour egg mixture over sausage/potato/onion, sprinkle on 1/2 the cheese and mix, sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 12Place pan in preheated oven; cook for 10 minutes and then lower heat to 350° and cook for an additional 10-20 minutes (depending on how you like your eggs). Keep an eye on the pan--if the cheese gets too brown, then cover with buttered aluminum foil.
- 13Serve with hot sauce and toast.
- 15Add mushrooms, green pepper, red pepper and sauté with the onions.
- 16Season the egg mix with hot sauce, replace half-and-half with yogurt.
- 17Cheese selections, I prefer a small amount of provolone and Parmesan mixed in the eggs with none on top--the wife likes cheddar on top and mixed inches.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage, Potato and Egg Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.8
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 409.8 mg
- Sodium 1165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 38.1 g