Mexi Egg Scramble Skillet
- Ready In:
- 12 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) or louisiana hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder (this will make the eggs very fluffy)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (use green or red)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar)
- In a medium bowl combine eggs with Tabasco, baking powder, salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion, bell pepper and fresh mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Add in the chiles and egg mixture; cook stirring until the eggs just begin to set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
- Cover and cook until the eggs are JUST set (do not over cook the eggs).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation