Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a fun recipe because you can use your own favorite pizza dough, or pick up a frozen loaf of bread dough at the market. You can either use ground beef or chicken or Italian sausage. You can use your own favorite bread recipe. The choices are yours!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 loaf bread dough, previously frozen (1lb.)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons frank's orginal redhot pepper sauce (or use your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- grated parmesan cheese
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Add onions and bell peppers; cook 5 minute or until tender.
- Add sausage and marjoram.
- Cook and stir 5 minute or until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain well, cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cut dough in half.
- Roll half of dough into 14X10" rectangle on lightly floured board.(Let dough rest 5 minute if dough springs back when rolling).
- Pat onto bottom and 1" up the sides of greased 13x9x2" baking pan.
- Roll out remaining half of dough to 13x9x2"
- rectangle; keep covered.
- Stir cheese, eggs and RedHot® sauce into sausage mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon evenly over bottom dough.
- Cover sausage mixture with top half of dough.
- Pinch top and bottom edges of dough to seal.
- Brush top lightly with milk.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and sesame seeds.
- Bake 25 minute or until golden and bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.