Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds so yummy and easy and quick. From MSN her for safekeeping. Note: This used pre-cooked rice.
- 8 ounces low-fat kielbasa (sliced into coins)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 ounces green chilies (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- hot sauce
- Cook kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet over high heat, turning from time to time, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add oil to the pan. Add onions, zucchini, bell pepper, chillies, garlic, cumin, oregano and salt; cook, stirring, until the onions are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in rice, beans and water; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 4 minutes. Add the reserved kielbasa and season with hot sauce. Serve hot.
This was super easy to put together and quite delicious! I cut the onions and bell peppers into strips and the zucchini into rounds and added them all to a bowl with the remaining ingredients up to the rice. Once the kielbasa was done cooking I dumped the whole bowl into my large skillet and let it cook. I tossed in the brown rice and pinto beans and did not use the 1/2 cup water or hot sauce. Great recipe MsSally! Tagged in Photo Tag!
I was looking for a recipe for beef sausage and used this one.<br/>I added new potatoes deleted the green chile added some brown sauce and served over the rice.