Light Chili Mac Skillet Supper
Tasty, quick, and lowfat! Who could ask for more?
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can drained red kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 7 1⁄4 ounces cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet cook meat aond onion until done.
- Drain fat and stir in kidney beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, uncooked macaroni, green pepper, water, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover to melt cheese and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a pretty tasty supper. I made to use up a can of tomatoes with chili spices I accidentally opened when I needed regular. So I used those tomatoes and left out the chili powder. Left out the green pepper since DH doesn't care for them. Otherwise, made as is. Oh, I did add a bit of salt. Was a quick meal and easy to make. Thanks for posting!Reply
see 17 more