Kielbasa Skillet Supper
Good recipe for a fall or winter dinner. This uses precooked kielbasa, but you can cook the slices right in with the vegetables.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices lean bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems and tops coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and thinly sliced (I used grater)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb precooked kielbasa, sliced
- If using bacon, in lrg skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp, then drain; set aside.
- To pan in which bacon was cooked, add olive oil; increase heat to med-high. Add potatoes, onion, broccoli, carrots and oregano, and cook, covered 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, sliced sausage, salt, pepper and cooked bacon; cook until vegetables are tender and sausage is fully heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this last night for dinner. I have to say it was good but not great. We did eat every bite though. BUt the whole time we were eating I kept thinking - something's missing. Not sure what it is, but something... I followed the recipe mostly - I did add garlic powder with the oregano. I also fried the kielbasa before adding it to the veggies because I like it crisp. I did use bacon - but not sure what it added to the dish. I also added a yellow squash to the veggies because I needed to use it. I'll make it again but I'll play around with spices. I also used red potatoes instead of new potaotes because that's what we had on hand. I covered the skillet after adding the water and the veggies cooked pretty quickly. Thanks for the recipe.Reply
see 1 more