Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a super fast recipe to speed dinner to the table on a busy night. I spooned this over bow tie pasta in a large pasta bowl and served it family style with a garden salad & bread. I hope you enjoy my RSC #7 creation.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, ends removed and cut into 2 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cut all vegetables ahead as this dish cooks quickly.
- Pour oil into large skillet and heat.
- Add minced garlic and onion: stir until nearly translucent.
- Add green beans, both bell peppers: stir until nearly done, leaving them crisp tender.
- Add shrimp, wine, and seasonings: stir until shrimp is pink & wine is reduced.
- Add tomatoes and stir in; cook one minute more.
- Spoon over pasta or rice. Sprinkle with grated parmesan & serve hot.
- I also topped this with a sprinkle of French Grey sea salt & more fresh cracked black pepper.
Although I did cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us, I'll be keeping it around to make for special company in another two weeks! Absolutely loved this shrimp dish & look forward to sharing it with others! I did make one small change, though, in that I substituted lemon pepper for the usual S&P! Many thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Very tasty, we vegetable lovers rejoiced! Next time I would decrease the black pepper and increase the red pepper flakes, and double the tomatoes. The green beans remained very crunchy, so adjust according to your taste. Made for I Recommend Tag.
We loved this recipe. I served it on rice. The only thing I would do differently would be to steam the green beans first. Cause I don't like them too crunchy. I used green and yellow bell pepper, red onion. The taste of the seasonings is perfect. Thanks Susie :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT