Fettuccine with Herbed Shrimp
photo by Stephanie Y.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces peeled deveined shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 6 ounces packaged dried fettuccine or 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together wine, bouillon granules, basil, oregano, cornstarch, and pepper.
- Add to saucepan.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add shrimp to wine mixture.
- Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque.
- Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Toss to mix.
- Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.