Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From TOH Simple & Delicious Jan/Feb 2009.
Make and share this Saucy Chicken With Veggies and Rice (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 3 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 oz each)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- hot cooked rice
- Place the celery, carrots, onion and chicken in a 5 quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, soup mix, thyme, pepper and tarragon; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken reads 170 degrees.
- Mix cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with rice.