Recipe by Sassy Sandra
This is a wonderful Summer Dessert. You can use whatever berries you can get your hands on. The combination of the apples and cherries are just awsome! In the summer I serve it with ice cream, as that is a big hit with the kids; both big and small! Don't be scared to mix and match whatever kind of fruit you need to use up. If you don't try, you will never know!!
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 butter or 1⁄2 margarine
- whipped cream or ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a large baking dish (2 quart).
- In large bowl combine apples,cherries,strawberries sugar, 2 TBS of the flour and cinnamon.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar and 2/3 Cup of Flour.
- Cut in Butter or Margarine with pastry blender of fork until consistency of coarse meal.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly oveer fruit.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve with Whipped Cream or Ice Cream.