Mixed Berry Crisp
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This berry crisp is easy, cheap, and delicious. It's perfect as a summer breakfast and even better as a fall dessert, served warm with ice cream. Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we have!
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (use only 1 Tablespoon if using fresh berries)
- 2 cups mixed berries (defrost if frozen)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add berries and toss to coat evenly.
- For topping and bottom layer, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinammon, sugar, ginger, and salt in a bowl. Cut in cold butter using two knives -- then mix with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat half of the oat mixture on bottom of a 2-quart glass pan. Top with berry concoction. Finish off by crumbling the remainder of the oats on top of the berries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until oats are golden brown and berries are bubbling around edges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION