Posted for ZWT, from an article about Saskatchewa on the internet
Make and share this Saskatchewan Wild Rice With Mushrooms and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- In good-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and rice to pan and saute for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken bouillon and bring to a boil. Then cover and turn down to low. (Use liquid to rice ratio per directions on your bag of rice. Same for cooking time.).
- Simmer for 45 minutes without removing lid. No peeking!
- After 45 minutes, test to see if rice is done. If it isn't put lid back and continue to cook until done.
- Stir bacon and green onion in before serving.