Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Posted for ZWT, from an article about Saskatchewa on the internet
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken bouillon (see note)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In good-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and rice to pan and saute for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken bouillon and bring to a boil. Then cover and turn down to low. (Use liquid to rice ratio per directions on your bag of rice. Same for cooking time.).
- Simmer for 45 minutes without removing lid. No peeking!
- After 45 minutes, test to see if rice is done. If it isn't put lid back and continue to cook until done.
- Stir bacon and green onion in before serving.
I used smoked sausage instead of bacon and wild mushrooms instead of button. It came out great. Thank you.
Simple and stunning were my family and guest's reaction - a lovely recipe with GREAT punchy flavours! Made over the weekend to accompany some grilled steaks we had on the Barbeque - excellent flavours and texture - I LOVE wild rice! Made for ZWT4 - many thanks for posting a keeper! FT:-)
I used veggie bacon and veg. broth. Great tasting side dish! Thanks you Julie! Made for ZWT4-Fancy Feinschmeckers!