Recipe by Elly in Canada
A tasty appetizer which makes a great lunch too. This is a Weight Watchers recipe. Points 1; exchanges 1/2 starch, only 30 calories per appetizer. Prep time does not include 2 hours chilling time.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
I made this just for my DH since I don't like sardines. I used a different crackers since he does not like Melba toast. At first he was only so so on it but once it had time to mellow he loved it. Made for PAC Spring 2009
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) cans sardines, in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced finely
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 30 pieces melba toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sardines in a bowl; mash with a fork.
- Add onions, yogurt, lemon juice, dill and horseradish to your taste (I use 1 tsp).
- Stir well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Spread 2 teaspoons over each melba toast; top with shredded carrots.
- Serve immediately.