Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This mexican stew/meat with gravy recipe is a marriage between EdsGirlAngie's recipe and the recipe on the Bolner's Fiesta Brand Extra Fancy Carne Guisada spice bottle with a few modifications by me.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs stew meat, cut in bite-size pieces
- 6 -7 tablespoons bolner's fiesta brand extra fancy carne guisada seasoning
- 4 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red peppers (or more if spicier is desired)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (may substitute Veg. oil or olive oil)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 serrano peppers, seeded and minced (or add more, with seeds if spicier is desired)
- 3 cups beef stock (or sub other stock)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Combine Seasoning, Cumin Powder, Chili Powder and Red Pepper in a bowl and dredge the meat through it.
- Lightly brown meat in Coconut or Vegetable oil in large sauce pan on stove along with minced fresh garlic and chopped onions.
- Add minced Serrano Peppers (may want to wear kitchen gloves while mincing).
- Mix together some of the Beef Stock and Tomato Paste and add to beef along with the rest of the stock.
- Simmer for about 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, or put on low in crock pot. Test for desired tenderness.
- Serve with flour tortillas, grated cheese, sour cream and shredded lettuce.
- May also serve with Spanish rice, and Refried beans.