2 hrs 30 mins
This mexican stew/meat with gravy recipe is a marriage between EdsGirlAngie's recipe and the recipe on the Bolner's Fiesta Brand Extra Fancy Carne Guisada spice bottle with a few modifications by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs stew meat, cut in bite-size pieces
- 6 -7 tablespoons bolner's fiesta brand extra fancy carne guisada seasoning
- 4 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red peppers (or more if spicier is desired)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (may substitute Veg. oil or olive oil)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 serrano peppers, seeded and minced (or add more, with seeds if spicier is desired)
- 3 cups beef stock (or sub other stock)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1Combine Seasoning, Cumin Powder, Chili Powder and Red Pepper in a bowl and dredge the meat through it.
- 2Lightly brown meat in Coconut or Vegetable oil in large sauce pan on stove along with minced fresh garlic and chopped onions.
- 3Add minced Serrano Peppers (may want to wear kitchen gloves while mincing).
- 4Mix together some of the Beef Stock and Tomato Paste and add to beef along with the rest of the stock.
- 5Simmer for about 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, or put on low in crock pot. Test for desired tenderness.
- 6Serve with flour tortillas, grated cheese, sour cream and shredded lettuce.
- 7May also serve with Spanish rice, and Refried beans.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for San Antonio-Style Carne Guisada
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.5
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 429.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: