Crock Pot Carne Guisada
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Compliments of Blondie
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- salt & pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 diced bell pepper
- Place stew meat, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper in crock pot.
- Turn heat to high and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain juice from tomatoes into measuring cup.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, and onions to crock pot.
- STIR and let simmer on high for 30 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, and chili powder to crock pot and stir.
- Blend juice and enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid and flour stir into meat/veggie mixture.
- Let cook on LOW for 3-4 hours until sauce is nice and thick (if you like runnier gravy three hours is good).
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION