Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this on the web a few months ago when I was looking for low-fat meals and I LOVED it!! Amazingly good and very easy!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (I use the fat-free)
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased shallow baking dish; season with the taco seasoning mix.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pan, stir sour cream into salsa, then return chicken.
- Serve salsa sour cream chicken with a big tossed salad and Spanish rice.
- This chicken breast recipe serves 4.
- (I did this with chicken thighs- bone in- and just removed the skin before cooking- came out fine,-- so any piece of chicken can be used-also just used plain rice- it tastes good enough!).
I found a couple of the same recipes of this, but I used yours, and it was outstanding! Threw it in the crock pot before work and when I got home it was ready. I made some spanish rice to go with it, I thought I was in a mexican restaurant! The chicken was so tender! And it's low fat!! Next time I'll make a mexican feast out of it. Thanks!
We made this with #352762 - Custard Corn Bread, which was a wonderful combination. This recipe was delicious. We used a whole jar of salsa and substituted chili seasoning since we didn't have taco seasoning. The chicken breasts we had were frozen, so after the first 30 minutes they weren't cooked. We had to set the oven to 400 for the corn bread, so the chicken cooked for another 25 minutes at that temp. It was moist, very tasty, and cooked to exactly 160 degrees when it was done! I highly recommend making these two recipes together.
Very good and easy!! I sprinkled a little cheddar cheese on top of each breast when I put it back in the oven. Very good!!!!