Mustard Baked Sour Cream Chicken II
photo by cookiedog
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Combine sour cream and mustards in a small bowl.
- In second bowl, combine: cornflake crumbs, thyme,salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces in cream mustard mixture.
- Roll chicken in crumb mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer on a large baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until juices run clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is the first chicken crusted with cornflakes that I could give 5 stars to! Everyone eating tonight loved it. I doubled the recipe, but decreased the amount of mustard by 1/2 (after doubling) because of children's preferences. I don't think I really needed to double the sour cream/mustard sauce, as I ended up throwing most of that away. I also decreased the amount of thyme, but mine was fresh dried from the garden! The taste was yummy!!! I will definitely make this recipe again. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
I do agree this recipe needed tweeks and followed other's advice. I only used two table spoons of mustard as my husband is not a big fan. One mistake I did was use corn flake crumbs, as crushed corn flakes would have been much better. Baked for 45 minuets and it came out perfect, really juicy. My husband also did what another reviewer said, he had to keep eating the crunchy bits that were on the pan and didn't stop till they were gone! Will make again.