Recipe by kimbearly
i searched for a tortilla soup and ended up combining many recipes to make this one. it uses easy, pre-done ingriedients, eliminating the need for lots of different seasonings. as with any good recipe this can be adjusted to your taste.
Top Review by Stewie
Kim--this was great! I followed the directions to the "T" and had a wonderful smelling and tasting dinner tonight! I did use shredded Mexican cheese to top it off and added just a bit of chili powder (not too much!) Glad I have some leftover for tomorrow! Thanks!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 package shoestring carrots
- 1 bag frozen white corn
- 4 stalks celery & leaves, chopped
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 jar medium hot salsa
- 2 (32 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package frozen fajita chicken meat, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- pour broth,water, bouillion cubes, tomatoes, garlic, and salsa in lg dutch oven.
- stir and heat.
- taste for seasoning.
- add hot sauce or chicken broth to taste.
- add veggies and chicken.
- simmer till veggies are cooked.
- may be served with tortillas and cheese if desired.