Bean and Salsa Soup
Easy and fast to put together. It is really surprising with so few ingredients that this tastes so great! Posted in response to a request
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans or (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- Put the beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a saucepan over a medium heat and heat through.
- Use a hand mixer to blend until fairly smooth.
- To serve, ladle soup into 4 individual bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of the sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon green onion.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious and a snap to make! I will say, though, that this recipe rides on the quality of the salsa that you use. I used fresh organic salsa (from the produce dept) that had fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro in it. I don't think the soup would have been as good with jarred salsa. I blended this, but left a bit of chunkiness. Loved the sour cream and scallion garnishes. Thanx for sharing!