Black Bean & Salsa Soup
A quick, easy & good soup for lunch using ingredients I almost always have on hand. I use bouillon made with low-sodium beef bouillon powder.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup thick or chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallion
- 2 teaspoons chopped green chili peppers (optional)
- Combine beans through cumin in a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade.
- Process until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Heat in a medium saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
- Ladle into 2 soup bowls.
- Spoon a 1 Tbs dollop of sour cream on top of each and swirl gently.
- Sprinkle with sliced scallions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this tonight and it was SOOOO good. I didn't have any beef boulloin on hand so I used chicken broth instead and it was still great. I doubled the cans of black beans, used one cup of broth, 1 cup of chunky fresh salsa, and 1 tsp salsa. I served it with extra salsa on the top. Even my picky 3 and 4 year old sons loved it.Reply
see 8 more