Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and flavorful fresh salsa. Adjust the individual amounts as desired. Serve as a topper for tacos, burritos, etc or just eat with chips.
- 3 -4 plum tomatoes, seeded and minced
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes or so, to let flavors meld.
- Try to use kosher salt rather than table salt. It's milder and sweeter.
- Note: To make ahead, do your chopping the day before and combine ingredients 20 minutes before serving.
This is Pico de Gallo all over Texas and everwhere else where Mexican food is served, and it always has fresh lime juice squeezed into it and often a drizzle of olive oil. Make sure you seed your tomatoes real good to keep the juice at a minimum.
Added fresh lime juice, perfect!
this was very easy and very good i too added garlic and lime juice and balsalmic vinegar thanks for sharing