The Ultimate Salsa Fresca
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine first six ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the minced serrano chiles, a little at a time, tasting for "heat" until you reach the level you can stand.
- Let stand for fifteen minutes to let the flavors meld. A small squeeze of lime juice is also good.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Will NOT keep overnight.
- NOTE: this is such a versatile salsa. Try it in scrambled eggs, then rolled in a flour tortilla (breakfast burrito). Yum!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!