A tasty stray from the usual burger and a healthier alternative. Accompany with your regular burger toppings
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, mild
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for frying burgers, can be omitted if you have a good pan)
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, salsa, parsley, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix in chicken.
- Shape into 4 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, fry burgers turning once until golden and no longer pink inside - approx 12 minutes.
- Heat buns and serve.