A tasty stray from the usual burger and a healthier alternative. Accompany with your regular burger toppings
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, mild
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for frying burgers, can be omitted if you have a good pan)
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, salsa, parsley, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix in chicken.
- Shape into 4 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, fry burgers turning once until golden and no longer pink inside - approx 12 minutes.
- Heat buns and serve.
These were tasty! After reading the reviews, I added an egg to help it hold together - I didn't have any problems, they turned out beautifully. I used 99% fat free ground turkey, which is pretty bland, so I think some cumin would have been nice. For ZWT7 silverados
I liked these burgers, but DH did not care for them as much. I followed the directions as posted. We had trouble keeping them together as they cooked in the pan. I added some fontinella cheese for extra flavor. Thanks!
I left out the peppers (forgot them) and the hot sauce (didn't have any). I think I'll try them again with the hot sauce cause I found them a bit bland. A great lower calorie option for the BBQ than beef burgers!