What a delicious way to get your salmon and your veggies!!! It's quick and easy to put together and is truly gourmet. They'll think you did alot more in the kitchen than you actually did (it'll be our little secret). I designed this for 2 but you can easily double or even triple this yummy recipe for your family or guests.
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with olive oil. Place salmon fillets in pan. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, minced garlic, parsley and a sprinkle of pepper. Spread this over the salmon fillets. (I usually micrwave this for 20 to 30 seconds to make it easier to spread).
- Sprinkle the chopped onion evenly over the cream cheese.
- Layer the baby spinach leaves evenly and neatly over the onions (I make 4 layers of leaves).
- Spray or drizzle the spinach leaves with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 25-35 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon. It takes a little longer than usual because of all the toppings.
This dish is awesome with some tweaking. I omitted the garlic powder, I used minced garlic with olive oil and basil, a little less cream cheese. Excellent. I made a similar topping years ago, when I had it for lunch in the hospital, and I cannot remember what or how I made it except the spinach and a cheese.
This was my first attempt at cooking salmon and it came out great. I personally would change 1/2 the cream cheese with sour cream or yogurt, because it is a heavy dish. It is delicious though, and worth trying
I did not like this at all. The cream cheese went all over the place and the different flavors just didn't mix well. I do like smoked salmon with cream cheese as a breakfast option, and I pair salmon fillets with a variety of spinach dishes, but I guess I'll stick with the cold variety versus this one.