Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quick and easy. The curry powder adds a great flavour. I found the original recipe in a booklet called Family Meal Planning published in 1972 and received permission to post the recipe.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Melt margarine.
- Add flour& salt and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Add milk gradually, return to heat and cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir curry powder and worcestershire sauce into sauce.
- Break salmon into chunks and add to sauce.
- Add cooked rice.
- Pour into greased casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
This was good! My husband really raved about it - kids liked it, too! The curry does add a good flavor.
After my early morning work-out in the pool at the gym today, so hungry. Looked at what I had on hand and came to this recipe. Made the following changes: fresh lemon juice, dill weed, sautéed onions/sweet peppers, mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup rice, panko bread crumbs on top (drizzled evoo on top) the last 10 minutes until golden brown. So good, I ate 2 servings. Most certainly a keeper. Thanks Timothy!!!
We thought this recipe tasted great! It's a great emergency recipe for those times when you forget to thaw meat or plan supper. I think next time I want to try to add a little lemon. Thanks!