Recipe by Mims & Squims
Normally, this is the stuff I have nightmares about, but there's something about salisbury steak that I just love. Maybe it was all those lunches in the gradeschool cafeteria...
- 1360.77 g ground sirloin
- 177.44 ml seeded diced tomato
- 88.74 ml egg whites, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml onion, finely diced
- 14.79 ml coarse sea salt
- 7.39 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml light margarine
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced mushroom
- 29.58 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml vegetarian beef broth
- 29.58 ml dry red wine
- 9.85 ml tamari soy sauce
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spray shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, tomato, eggs, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Shape into eight 4-inch round patties & place in baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or to desired doneness.
- While steaks are baking, melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 5-8 minutes until browned.
- Stir in flour to form pasty mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, wine, soy sauce, and pepper. Simmer over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over fully cooked salisbury steaks and serve.