Salisbury Steak Gravy
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (recommended -- Montreal)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/4 can mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties.
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining butter and saute mushrooms for 7 to 8 minutes. Whisk beef stock and gravy mix until smooth and add to mushrooms. Stir in remaining mushroom soup.
- Return patties to skillet ad spoon gravy over top. Cover pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I am a married woman with one child, 3 dogs, and 1 cat. Cooking is my passion. I love to entertain and try out new recipes on my friends. I work as an engraver making trophies and awards, a very satisfying and creative job. I love to go home every night and cook something my family will enjoy. The only thing that will keep me out of the kitchen is if someone(you know who you are) does not clean up after themselves. My little dogs are a constant presence under foot waiting for the occasional tidbit to fall, not always accidentally! It is very hard to resist a tea cup, and long haired chihuahua and a morkie!