1/9 Photos of Sage Meat Loaf
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I really like this meat loaf because it's moist and the sage flavor in it makes it really yummy. The topping is not too sweet and adds a nice zip to it. It's also a good way to use up those saltine crackers that linger around. Recipe comes from Taste of Home magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg, beaten
- 158.51 ml milk
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml crushed saltine crackers
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml rubbed sage (or ground)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 680.38 g 93% lean ground beef
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Crush saltine crackers in ziplock bag with mallet or rolling pin until finely crushed.
- 3Combine the first 9 ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- 4Place and form meat loaf into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- 5Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- 6Combine sauce ingredients and spread over top of meat loaf.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes longer, until thermometer reads 160°F
- 8Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage Meat Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 1138.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 41.5 g