Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 - 4 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and milk. Let stand for 10 minutes; break up stuffing cubes with a fork. Stir in the egg, celery, onion, carrot, cranberries, salt and pepper. Combine sage and rosemary; add half to the mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes; drain if necessary. Combine the cranberry sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and remaining herbs; spread over meat loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 165°.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"