Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A wholesome topping, where you can used on any seasonal fruit that you have on hand. Can be used on raw or stewed fruits.
- 125 g butter, chopped into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, traditional not instant
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roughly rub through the butter.
- Place on top of prepared fruit base of either stewed, canned or raw fruit.
- Bake at 200 C for 40-50 minutes.
I made this topping for some plums from the garden and it was lovely. I agreed the slight hint of cinnamon is a nice touch. I also added a tablespoon of organic elderflower cordial to the plums when they were cooking which adds a lovely fragrance to the fruit.
A pretty tasty topping! I would cut down on the butter, as it tasted a little too much like it. Also, I added a bit more sugar and oats as I couldn't taste them. A nice addition to my yogurt, though, and scrumptious on my tarts! Thank you for posting!
Just what in was loking for. An oat crumble mix. I used light margarine instead of butter. The cinnamon is a great touch. A keeper, thanks.