Apple Crumble With Granola Topping
This is a nice and simple recipe, the most time consuming thing is preparing the apples. The topping is nice and crunchy. Different fruits, such as dried cranberries, raisins, rhubarb or any type of berry could be added for a unique taste.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 medium granny smith apples or 6 medium other firm apples
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed and softened (or margarine)
- 3 -4 cups granola cereal (with or without raisins)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Core, peel (or not) and slice apples.
- In a large bowl, stir together apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Put in a 9"x9" casserole dish and dot with 1/3 of the butter.
- Place granola in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to break it up.
- Place granola in a bowl and add the rest of the butter.
- Using a fork, push the butter into the crushed granola, working it through.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake about 10 minutes longer or until the topping has browned.
- Let stand for approximately 10 minutes then serve with vanilla ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
The recipe is fantastic! The only thing I did different was add a table spoon of vanilla, 1/4 tsp of Almond extract and I used 3 cups of Canadian Maple Harvest crunch cereal that I broke down with the rolling pin, with these 3 small tweaks it makes this recipe amazing. I was forced to make it 2 days in a row this time because the fam ate it to fast the first time around.