Tender, moist and easily cut off the bone chicken. My family loved this chicken. The spices are very flavorful. When I made this I cut my onion into 4 quarters. I recommend wearing gloves when rubbing the chicken and when putting the chicken in the crockpot as your hand do get messy. I also cooked my chicken for 4 hours and high and it was perfect. I found this recipe on Pinchin Your Pennies.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and onion.
- Rub herb mixture inside and outside of chicken.
- Place in food storage bag; seal bag.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag; stuff with onion.
- Place in crockpot on low 6-8 hours; high 2-4 hours. Chicken juices should run clear and chicken reaches 180*.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
It was great. I put the rack in my crock pot to keep it up out of the fat, it was more juicy and tender than the store bought ones. Thanks for the recipe
Delicious chicken recipe. I used 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts and put some sliced onion in the bottom of the crockpot and then topped the chicken with onion slices and lemon slices. For the seasoning I used Emeril's Essence seasoning and cooked them about 7.5 hours on low. Really good! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
So, so tender!!! I tried to lift out the whole chicken from the crockpot and it fell apart it was so tender. The breasts were a little dry but the rest of the legs and thighs were done with no blood. I cooked it 7.5 hours. I added lemon pepper, cayenne pepper and use garlic powder. Yummy!!!