Recipe by echo echo
My favorite dessert! Comes out cake-like on top and pudding-like on the bottom. Adapted from a recipe from Cooking Light Magazine.
Top Review by Cook4_6
After trying this dessert after it cooled to room temperature, I was going to give it 4 stars. The flavor and texture were nice, but I thought the lemon was a bit too subtle. However, after I tried a completely cooled (from the refrigerator) I had to move it up to 5 star. It was nice at room temperature, but fabulous cold! When cold, the lemon flavor is perfect!
- 3 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 dash salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites with a mixer on medium-high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition; beat until peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar with butter on medium speed approximately 5 minutes until well blended.
- Add flour through salt; beat well.
- Add yolks and milk; beat well.
- Stir 1/4 of egg whites into batter, then gently fold in the rest of egg white mixture.
- Spoon into 6 (6 oz) custard cups coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cups in a shallow baking pan and add hot water around cups to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° 45 min or until set.
- Remove cups from pan.