Peach Custard Cake
I searched all through zaar and I couldn't find this recipe, I actually had to call up my mother and get this from her. My mum used to make this when we were kids and it is total comfort food to me. It is awesome warm or cold.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches (halves or slices)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Mix flour, salt and butter until crumbly and press into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Drain peaches reserving juice and arrange over crust evenly.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches then bake for 20 minutes
- Combine the reserved juice with the evaporated milk and eggs and pour over the peaches then bake for another 30 mins until custard is set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I have to admit that I’m not the most expert cook or baker in the kitchen but knowing that husband die for sweet things I decided to try this new easy recipe and it turns so good . I did some modifications to the original recipe because I didn’t have 14 oz of evaporated milk neither 28 oz of peaches , so I did half of the ingredients and it work perfect with a little more the time in the oven until it was bubbling nicely. I definitely recommend it. It’s yummy, smells so good and tastes like heaven ( I never have been there but I can imagine) thanks again.