Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A BHG slow-cooker recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt ("or" to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper ("or" to taste)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces dried mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- In crock pot, place onions and garlic.
- Add chicken.
- In mixing bowl, mix together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove bay leaves; stir mushrooms into chicken mixture; cook 5-10 minutes more to heat through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I made this for Sunday dinner for my mom, myself and my sister-in-law. It smelled wonderful and we were all looking forward to dinner. My sister-in-law liked it, because she said she knew she wouldn't be suffering later from too much spice. My mom and I thought it was a good recipe, but we all three agreed that something was missing, but just couldn't think what it needed. I was surprised, since on paper the recipe looks delicious, but unfortunately for us, it was sort of on the bland side. Thanks for sharing the recipe though.
Not sure I'm qualified to review this as I made a few changes... but here goes. I cooked this on the stovetop (no crockpot) and used fresh tomatoes instead of canned and used a bit of white wine in cooking. Friend and boyfriend loved it and while I enjoyed, I didn't love it. I too felt it was missing *something*...
I doubled this recipe (except the mushrooms) and it turned out great. We all enjoyed and I will fix again in the future. Thanks!