Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A BHG slow-cooker recipe
Top Review by keen5
I made this for Sunday dinner for my mom, myself and my sister-in-law. It smelled wonderful and we were all looking forward to dinner. My sister-in-law liked it, because she said she knew she wouldn't be suffering later from too much spice. My mom and I thought it was a good recipe, but we all three agreed that something was missing, but just couldn't think what it needed. I was surprised, since on paper the recipe looks delicious, but unfortunately for us, it was sort of on the bland side. Thanks for sharing the recipe though.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt ("or" to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper ("or" to taste)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces dried mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In crock pot, place onions and garlic.
- Add chicken.
- In mixing bowl, mix together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove bay leaves; stir mushrooms into chicken mixture; cook 5-10 minutes more to heat through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.