Lemon Cream Chicken With Pasta
A friend of mine once prepared this for lunch and I loved it. I asked her for the recipe and I was surprised at how quick and easy it was to prepare. I believe she got the recipe from a weekly magazine.
- Ready In:
- 500 g bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. (If desired, add a little salt to the boiling water to season it.).
- Add the pasta and cook till just tender. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry chicken in batches till tender. Remove.
- To the same pan, add the blended cornflour, stock powder, water, cream, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, teriyaki sauce, garlic and sage and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Add the chicken, cooked pasta and parsley.
- Stir until hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made it exactly how the recipe suggests. My husband and I liked it, but we had a few thoughts: The chicken needs to be cut up in pretty small pieces so that they can be coated more easily by the sauce. Also, the sauce could probably be doubled (using the same amount of pasta and chicken), and could probably use more lemon juice. 1/4 cup wasn't really enough. I wanted it to be more citrus-y, and found that when I just added lemon juice on top of everything, that gave more of the flavor it needed. We'll be trying it again.1Reply
I fixed this recipe for dinner last night and it was delicious. The taste of lemon was subtle and not overpowering and went well with the other ingredients. Some of the minor changes I made were I used dry rubbed sage (since that's all I had on hand) and so decreased the amount to 3/4 teaspoon. I used 3 large chicken breasts. Also, because of the conversion differences, I used 2 12oz packages of bowtie pasta, which is about 675-700g (the recipe calls for 500g). Again, because of the difference in quantity of the bowtie pasta, I increased the cream to 2 cups and the cornstarch to 2 tbsp. It came out perfect, very rich and creamy. Will definitely make again.2Reply