Kota Macaronada - Chicken Kapama (Chicken With Pasta)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 pounds)
- 1 lemon, Juice of
- kosher salt
- black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped medium-fine
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lb tubular pasta, specifically Macaroni No 2 - Misko
- Cut chicken into 8 pieces.
- Remove and discard skin.
- Cover chicken pieces with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter in ¼ cup olive oil.
- In batches, slightly brown chicken pieces on both sides and reserve.
- Add chopped onions to pot, and cook until translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, wine, chili flakes, cloves and cinnamon sticks to pot, and stir well.
- Return chicken pieces to pot and simmer covered on low for 90 minutes. As chicken finishes simmering, cook a pound of tubular pasta according to directions.
- Drain pasta and have it ready to use when chicken is done.
- Discard cinnamon sticks when ready to serve.
- Pour chicken and sauce mixture over tubular pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!