This gorgeous salad is definitely dinner-party material!
Make and share this Roasted Salmon Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 2 lbs new potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (cremini or chanterelle are delicious)
- 3 lbs skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 lb baby arugula, tough stems trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb fresh fennel bulb, trimmed,cored and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 12 -16 fresh cilantro stems
- Make the vinaigrette: In a bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, shallots, lemon zest and rosemary.
- Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salmon salad: Roast the bell peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler as close to the heat as possible until charred all over.
- Transfer to a paper bag and let steam for 15 minutes.
- Scrape off the blackened skins and discard the stems, ribs and seeds.
- Cut the peppers into 1/3-inch-thick strips.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a medium saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let sit in the water until tender, about 18 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F Lay the salmon fillet, skinned side down, on a lightly-oiled baking sheet and remove any stray bones with tweezers.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the thyme, fennel seeds and celery seeds; season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for about 10 minutes, until the salmon is opaque but still slightly rare in the centre.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Broil for about 1 minute, or until the top is browned.
- Break the salmon into large chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula with the fennel, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, potatoes and cilantro.
- Add 3/4s of the vinaigrette and toss.
- Arrange the salad on large plates or shallow bowls and top with chunks of the salmon.
- Drizzle the fish with the remaining vinaigrette and serve.