1/3 Photos of Roasted Salmon Salad
1 hr 20 mins
This gorgeous salad is definitely dinner-party material!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 2 lbs new potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (cremini or chanterelle are delicious)
- 3 lbs skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 lb baby arugula, tough stems trimmed
- 3/4 lb fresh fennel bulb, trimmed,cored and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 12 -16 fresh cilantro stems
- 1Make the vinaigrette: In a bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, shallots, lemon zest and rosemary.
- 2Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Make the salmon salad: Roast the bell peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler as close to the heat as possible until charred all over.
- 4Transfer to a paper bag and let steam for 15 minutes.
- 5Scrape off the blackened skins and discard the stems, ribs and seeds.
- 6Cut the peppers into 1/3-inch-thick strips.
- 7Put the sliced potatoes in a medium saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil.
- 8Remove from the heat and let sit in the water until tender, about 18 minutes.
- 9Drain and transfer to a plate.
- 10Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- 11Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 12Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- 13Preheat the oven to 500°F Lay the salmon fillet, skinned side down, on a lightly-oiled baking sheet and remove any stray bones with tweezers.
- 14Sprinkle the salmon with the thyme, fennel seeds and celery seeds; season with salt and black pepper.
- 15Roast for about 10 minutes, until the salmon is opaque but still slightly rare in the centre.
- 16Remove the salmon from the oven and preheat the broiler.
- 17Broil for about 1 minute, or until the top is browned.
- 18Break the salmon into large chunks.
- 19In a large bowl, combine the arugula with the fennel, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, potatoes and cilantro.
- 20Add 3/4s of the vinaigrette and toss.
- 21Arrange the salad on large plates or shallow bowls and top with chunks of the salmon.
- 22Drizzle the fish with the remaining vinaigrette and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Salmon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.1
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 219.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 53.7 g