Salmon Pasta Salad
- Ready In:
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red salmon
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse & remove skin & bones & other tissue from red salmon, then break into medium-size pieces.
- Cook pasta according to box, then chill.
- In large bowl, mix together salmon, pasta, carrots, celery, olives, onion & bell pepper.
- In smaller bowl, combine vinegar, oils, sugar, oregano, salt & pepper & mix well, then pour it over salmon mixture, tossing carefully to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover, chill & serve later.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was looking for a healthy salmon salad and came upon this recipe. Boy am I glad I did! We absolutely loved this dish. I made blackened salmon and used whole grain rotini for a healthier version. Didn't have any celery but we still had plenty of crunch with the orange and red bell peppers. I used only EVOO for the dressing and added garlic powder and some crushed red pepper flakes for our own tastes. This was even better the next day and it will definitely be a keeper in this household. Thank you for posting this awesome recipe !!