Seaside Salmon Salad
photo by Leslie in Texas
- Ready In:
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta (small)
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing (Catalina is best)
- 7 -8 ounces canned salmon
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion (your preference)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Add Catalina dressing while still hot and toss. Chill.
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Add flaked salmon, celery, relish, eggs, green onion, parsley, seasonings and mayonnaise to macaroni. Toss all together lightly.
- Chill at least 2 hours to marry the flavors.
- Serve as a side dish or on lettuce leaves with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers as a meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With daytime temperatures of 94 and a heat index of 104, I decided last night was a perfect time to try this recipe ! I made it as directed, except for the eggs, which I quartered and served with the salad and I added a couple of splashes of Frank's Red Hot sauce to the mixture. It was delicious - DH said several times how good it was and went back for seconds ! This is a definite keeper!
Made this recipe as given (although I was generous with the pickle relish) & was very pleased with the results! I'm not usually big on canned salmon, but do have a few recipes that use it, & this one will definitely be added to those as a keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in southern California, about 14 miles from the Pacific Ocean. I'm a retired (early) nurse. I am also a clergy person. <br />I enjoy traveling, but haven't had the time for much, and my latest craft/project is restoring old lamps. My husband makes the rounds at thrift shops for used and abused lamps, and challenges me to revive them. He has found some doozies, but I've yet to find one I couldn't reclaim. <br />I am married for 30 years, have five children and four grandchildren, a Pekingese, three Chihuahuas and three cats. <br />I enjoy gardening, and even in the tiny back yard of my town house, I manage to grow tomatoes and green beans each year, along with as many flowering plants as I can squeeze into the limited space. I enjoy cooking for people and sharing recipes. My all-time favorite cookbook is Betty Crocker's Cookie Book. It is a classic! <br />If I had a month off and money to burn, I'd spend the time in San Francisco---my favorite city. I've definitely left my heart there!</p>