1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Sauce over Linguine
1 hr 15 mins
I had a large jar of roasted peppers that I needed to use and came up with this low fat recipe. If sauce is to thick you can thin with some of the pasta water. You can use 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs in place of the dried oregano, parsley, marjoram, & basil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 56 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounces prepared roasted red peppers, rinsed and pureed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup port wine (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- 2Add the onion, garlic, celery, and mushrooms. Saute till onions are translucent.
- 3Add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer gently for 30-60 minutes.
- 4Cover and keep warm.
- 5Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- 6If serving immediately, it is not necessary to rinse the pasta. Transfer the pasta to warmed plates. Top with the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, garnish with the fresh herbs & grated cheese, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Sauce over Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 1745.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g