Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This recipe "goes with" another recipe, but it sounds like it would be good for other uses. It is only 3 ingredients and should cook (with meat or other food) to reduce a bit, for 10 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, preferably piquillo peppers (2 oz)
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (can use Greek)
- Puree the peppers in a food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the broth and yogurt.
- Simmer 10 minutes to reduce and thicken; cook meatballs or other meat or chickpeas in this sauce, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this as instructed by the recipe and it was ever so easy which is a must for me! It did not thicken up as much as I would have liked, however the flavor is wonderful. It has a distinct creamy roasted red pepper flavor. I simmered great northern beans in the sauce for a quick lunch. Loved the combination of beans and roasted red pepper flavor. Next time, I will increase the amount of roasted red pepper for an extra punch of flavor. This is a must try again with meatballs soon! Thanks threeovens! Prepared in participation with My-3-Chefs!Reply