Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Very versatile. This can be served hot or cold. No mayo, so great for picnics too! From TOH.
Top Review by Ms B.
We served this warm as a side to grilled turkey mignons. I prepared it with chicken broth instead of the veggie broth, and omitted the rosemary. The flavors were a very nice blend.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring pot of water to a boil, add beans, return to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic; cut top off garlic bulb.
- Place cut side up in a greased roasting pan (15*10*1 size).
- Add the potatoes, red peppers, onions, beans; drizzle with broth.
- Bake, uncovered at 400F for 30-40 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Remove garlic and set aside.
- Bake vegetables 30-35 more minutes or until tender.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze the softened garlic into a large bowl; stir in the vinegar, oil, sugar, rosemary and salt.
- Add the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Serve warm or cold.