Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is fabulous if you have the flair for spicy, if not you can cut back on the jalapeno, But I usually throw in a habanero.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone or 2 whole chicken legs
- 3 plum tomatoes, 1/2 inch slices
- 2 jalapenos ((or more)
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth (may use 3/4c)
- Preaheat oven 450.
- Arrange chicken skin side up in roasting pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl add oil,tomatoes, chilies, onion , garlic, salt to taste and toss well. Spread around chicken and roast in oven, 30 to 45 minutes, depending on which chicken parts you used.
- Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm, tented with foil. To the vegetables in pan add broth and boil, over moderate heat, scraping up the browned bits until it has thickened. Add lime juice. Serve chicken with sauce and vegetables.
We really enjoyed this dish. I doubled the tomatoes and onions, used 3 jalapenos (seeded), and used split broilers. I cooked the chicken about 20 minutes before adding the veggies, and it came out beautifully.