The Wallaces's Note:
Posted for ZWT6: Middle East. Adapted from Bon Appetit. I can't wait to try this! Ras el hanout can be homemade using spices you probably already have on hand, I use Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix. Note: The sauce can be made 2 hours ahead of time. If you do this, let it stand at room temp until ready to make the rest of the recipe. Prep time does not include 30 minutes of soaking dried apricots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 5 ripe pears, peeled, cored, each cut into 6 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 9 ounces dried apricots, soaked in warm water 30 minutes, drained, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons ras el hanout and stir for 1 minute.
- 3Add pears and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Transfer pears to plate.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same pot over medium heat. Add onion and apricots. Sauté until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add beef broth and honey.
- 6Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes. Return pears to pot and remove from heat.
- 7Mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 2 teaspoons ras el hanout in small bowl to blend. Rub mixture all over pork tenderloins.
- 8Transfer pork to roasting pan. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155°F, about 30 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, reheat sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cut pork crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 10Divide pork among 6 plates. Spoon sauce and pears over pork. Sprinkle with almonds.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork Tenderloin With Pears and Dried Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.4
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.3 mg
- Sodium 225.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ras el hanout spice mix