Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted for ZWT6: Middle East. Adapted from Bon Appetit. I can't wait to try this! Ras el hanout can be homemade using spices you probably already have on hand, I use Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix. Note: The sauce can be made 2 hours ahead of time. If you do this, let it stand at room temp until ready to make the rest of the recipe. Prep time does not include 30 minutes of soaking dried apricots.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 5 ripe pears, peeled, cored, each cut into 6 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 9 ounces dried apricots, soaked in warm water 30 minutes, drained, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons ras el hanout and stir for 1 minute.
- Add pears and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Transfer pears to plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same pot over medium heat. Add onion and apricots. Sauté until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth and honey.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes. Return pears to pot and remove from heat.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 2 teaspoons ras el hanout in small bowl to blend. Rub mixture all over pork tenderloins.
- Transfer pork to roasting pan. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155°F, about 30 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reheat sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cut pork crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Divide pork among 6 plates. Spoon sauce and pears over pork. Sprinkle with almonds.
I fudged this a bit. I was NOT turning on my oven so I used pork chops dredged in ras el hanout & pan fried in my cast iron skillet. I made the sauce adding drained, canned, sliced pears at the end. FANTASTIC recipe!! i was worried it would be too sweet but no, it isn't. Delicious! Served over Orange-Nut Couscous. Made for ZWT6.